St. Petersburg Yacht Club
Founded in 1969, the St. Petersburg Yacht Club is a private facility with amazing character. It is located in downtown St. Petersburg, surrounded by two parks, the municipal marina, an attached parking garage and several hotels. Sailors have represented the club in world events including the America’s Cup and the Olympics.
St. Petersburg Sailing Center
• SPYC staffed and managed
• Secured access to the club and marina.
There is a swimming pool on the upper deck of the clubhouse with an adjacent Tiki Bar. This deck overlooks the marina and is furnished with tables and chairs. It is an ideal place for an informal cookout. A second clubhouse, SPYC at Pass-A-Grille, is located a short distance away in a beach community on the Gulf of Mexico. There is an additional club-owned marina located three miles north of the main clubhouse on Snell Isle. The SPYC has plenty of room and accommodations for all of its guests.
- Pier Park is set for completion by the 4th quarter of 2018. The new Pier will feature accommodations for several recreational activities including boating, fishing, musical events, art galleries, play areas for children, an educational center and restaurants.
- This area will be for visitors to watch the race and interact with teams and sponsors. Throughout the village, big Screen TV’s will feature live feeds of the race, so spectators won’t miss a second of the action. During and after the races there will be live bands and entertainment to enjoy.
- Also available from the race village will be spectator boats that visitors can take out onto the water to get an up-close and personal view of the race.
Sailors will launch their boats from the location below and there is sufficient room for every sailor. From here, there is great access to the water as well as easy access to the containers.
Shuttles will be running frequently from the hotel, race venue, and restaurant locations downtown. This service will be free to attendees and allow for easy access to and from the event.
Shuttle Schedule will be posted prior to the event.
The City of St. Petersburg has thousands of hotel rooms in all price categories. During the non-peak seasons, many rooms are available at bargain prices. However, one hotel will be chosen as a headquarters for the event and it will offer a discounted rate to the attendees. If you’re looking for an alternative to a hotel, St. Petersburg offers some of the best camping available. Every type of accommodation you require has a presence in St. Petersburg. There are three major hotels within walking distance of the sailing center and SPYC– The Hilton St. Petersburg Bayfront, The Hampton Inn, and The Renaissance Vinoy. Each hotel is located within 20-25 minutes from the airport and 5 minutes from the race site.
Courtyard Marriot Downtown St. Petersburg:
Enjoy your visit at the Courtyard Marriott St. Petersburg Downtown. Withing walking distance to many great attractions, restaurants, and the race site, the Courtyard Marriott is offering a special rate for ACAT guests. Click here to book your room now.
Hilton St. Petersburg Bayfront:
Our downtown waterfront district location puts you within walking distance to a majority of St. Petersburg’s finest attractions. Enjoy great views of Tampa Bay and the city from your guest room.
The Renaissance Vinoy:
Hampton Inn & Suites:
Discover the tropical paradise at our Hampton Inn & Suites St. Petersburg/Downtown hotel. Located in the heart of St. Petersburg’s best restaurants, shops, and museums, this downtown St. Petersburg hotel is just minutes from Pinellas County’s famous white sand beaches.
Insurance solutions for sailors Regattas hosted in the US
Single Event Insurance:
– For Non US residents and/or US residents chartering a boat they do not own
– Event Insurance dates can include training dates prior to regatta
– Covers physical damage to the boat and liability (property damage and bodily injury to someone else)
– Prices vary and are determined by the limits of insurance
– Complete the attached application:
– Using a Charter Boat: complete Charter application
– Using Your Own Boat: complete Boat Owner application
Seariders Brokerage Corp
14099 NW 8 Street
Sunrise, FL 33325
Please contact Patti Barrett to coordinate clearance and delivery of containers
Include container number and boats included in each container.
It is imperative that the ISF details are sent prior to vessel sailing.
The following docs for each boat must be sent to Patti Barrett:
– Bill of lading
– Commercial or pro forma invoice with value and manufacturer info.
There needs to be a statement on it that the boat is being entered into the US temporarily to take part in races and will be exported once races are completed.
Race Weather in Tampa Bay
This section discusses the wide-area hourly average wind vector (speed and direction) at 10 meters above the ground. The wind experienced at any given location is highly dependent on local topography and other factors, and instantaneous wind speed and direction vary more widely than hourly averages.
The average hourly wind speed in St. Petersburg is increasing during October, increasing from 9.3 miles per hour to 10.6 miles per hour over the course of the month.
The percentage of hours in which the mean wind direction is from each of the four cardinal wind directions, excluding hours in which the mean wind speed is less than 1.0 mph. The lightly tinted areas at the boundaries are the percentage of hours spent in the implied intermediate directions (northeast, southeast, southwest, and northwest).
St. Petersburg is located near a large body of water (e.g., ocean, sea, or large lake). This section reports on the wide-area average surface temperature of that water.
The average surface water temperature in St. Petersburg is decreasing during October, falling by 6°F, from 83°F to 77°F, over the course of the month.
Information provided by WeatherSpark.com